Saturday, August 29

Nancy


you want to break down but you have to keep track of
a hundred small trivial things.
keep going.
you'll not just get by on this faith, love
oh no, you will rise on its wings.

you're admirable, lovable, strong, and so faithful
in smallness and weakness you thrive.
you always seem genuine, always sincere,
and you're always glad to be alive.

You will be lifted within limitations,
your defeat will be victory too:
it's all because you're wrestling drawbacks in tandem
it's all because it's not just you.

you're fighting your battles with power and love now,
and see? it has caused you to sing!
you didn't just learn to scrape by with your faith...
you have risen to soar on its wings.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is so precious! Is it about me? What? Did you write it?

    I'm clinging to Psalm 31 and Psalm 16, taking refuge in God who is my Rock, my Stronghold, my Safeplace.

    I'm longing for the rising feeling, of soaring on wings of faith. I am thankful that I am wrestling in tandem with Him - I CANNOT Do this faith struggle on my own.

    Thank you, Julie, for these precious encouraging words to be who God is creating me to be by His power and HIs love.

    I will sing today because of your sweet encouragement. Thank you for holding me up.

    Love you so much, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Followers