Wednesday, October 7

Waiting

i read this poem based on psalm 27, and really liked it
so i took it and made it my own. 
meaning, this is not entirely original.
the pictures, however, are mine.

















Desperate, helpless, and longing i cried:
Quiet and patient, with love He replied.
I pled and i wept for a clue to my fate,
and the master so gently said, "child, you must wait."
"Wait, you say? wait?!" my indignant reply
"Lord, i need ANSWERS! i need to know WHY!
is your hand shortened? or have you not heard?
by faith i have asked, i am claiming your word!
my future, and all to which i can relate
hangs in the balance, and You tell me to WAIT?
i'm needing a 'yes', a go-ahead sign,
even to 'no' i think i could resign.
and lord, you promised that if we believe
we need but to ask, and we shall receive.
So, Lord, i've been asking - Lord, this is my cry:
i'm weary of searching! i NEED a reply!"

then my resolution began to deflate
as my master replied once again, "You must wait."

so i slumped to the ground, defeated, distraught 
and grumbled to God... "so i'm waiting - for what?"

He seemed then to kneel, and His heart wept with mine.
He tenderly said, "i could give you a sign. 
i could shake the heavens, and darken the sun.
i could raise the dead, and make lame men to run!
all you seek i could give - but where, child, would you be...
if you got what you wanted, but didn't know Me?
You'd not know the depth of my love for each saint,
you'd not know the power I lend to the faint.
you'd not learn to see through the dark of despair,
you'd not learn to trust just believing i'm there.
you'd not know the great joy of resting in Me,
when still clouds of blackness were all you could see. 

you'd never revel in fullness of love
as the peace of my spirit descends like a dove;

you'd know that i give and i save as a start,
but you'd not know the depth of the beat of my heart.

or the coming of comfort late into the night;
the faith that i give when you walk without sight...
the depth thats beyond getting just what you asked
from an infinite God who makes what you have last.

you'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
what it means that 'my grace is sufficient for thee.'
Yes, your dreams of your love overnight would come true,
But... what great loss! if you lost what i'm doing in you!

so be silent, dear one, and in time you will see
that the greatest of gifts is to be close to Me.
and though often my answers seem terribly late, 
my most precious answer of all is still
'wait.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers