Friday, March 12

why?


"leave the people who have hurt you,
but keep memories nearby."
'well, thanks alot, cliche and trite,'
i mutter as i sigh.

the memories aren't present -
for the past has passed me by.
but sometimes it makes me crazy
and i just can't figure why.

as happy as i am here,
i feel like i have to try-
put forth effort and put up a front.
i still struggle not to cry.

i don't know that there's an answer
to the pain that makes hearts die.
maybe we're meant to just sit here,
wond'ring and screaming
"why?"

1 comment:

  1. the third verse/stanza is SO TRUE! I know the rest is, but I feel like that part jumps out at me - we have it all here, and we say we're happy because we are, but we still put on fronts to somehow keep a level of dignity. more like a level of fake.

    ReplyDelete

Followers