Tuesday, March 22

merry lee.

>

My tears I know won’t change a thing, but my ambition can.

There’s emptiness upon this broken earth.

For all is warped and twisted in unrivaled magnitude:

Oh, precious one – you cannot know your worth.

Outrage is perpetrated daily, Beautiful is scorned

And malice’s reward is bubbling mirth.

My tears, my only ally, filled with empathy and angst

Pour out so pure my soul can hardly bear it.

They’re charged with meaning, unrelenting, angry for the grief

Of helpless hearts; pity their only merit.

But my hot ambition, pent up, seething, can cause me to act-

Through my tears I run with purpose towards a goal.

And steadfast, always looking up, my motivation this:

Your pain is unforgotten to my soul.

I’ll speak for you, you voiceless, and will see for you, you blind;

Eyes locked, hands clasped, we make eachother whole.

And whole we’ll be, perfection in this place of broken hearts.

We’ll gain what we have longed for desperately.

For unity will make us love; and justice bring us peace.

We’ve found it. We’ve together found the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers