Sunday, March 31

the story.

so, i guess i was thinking, and i remembered that basically to get a story, we need all these different events to come together. When they all fall in the right order, we group them and label them:
this is a story. 
we have backstory. we have an issue. we have selfish attempted solutions. these lead to the climax. after that, you get the resolution.
i didn't look all that up on google to get the proper storying element terminology. sorry. but you get what i'm saying.

see, what i'm trying to tell you is that after struggling through some normal situational issues of life, and after feeling cranky, and after a multicultural Easter service, I decided to sit down and watch a movie.
I was trying to recharge, but all of a sudden, in the middle of a freaking child's movie (Tangled. I was watching tangled all alone and I was crying), i got very serious. i paused it and i looked at the screen after everyone has deserted the heroine and i stuck my bottom lip out for her.

I just wanted to tell you that I think Jesus is the only one who finishes the story.
Without Him we are stuck, i think, in a cyclical attempted-solution/climax phase.  We are so selfish. I am so selfish. He is the only One who resolves our problems with His solutions. Everyone else is using everyone else. It is very hard to keep giving. You want to take good things for yourself. You want to protect yourself.

I just want to say today that I'm glad for the day when the one man who deserved all the good things in life took my punishment instead of taking anything for himself, and instead of protecting himself. I just wanted to tell you that I'm very happy we finally have a resolution to be the balm on all of this raw selfishness. Today we celebrate the end of the story - the truth of the Deity of the person who took our sins and did away with our tormenter, and set us free to grasp the goodness of selflessness, if only we will choose it.

so thankful today that happy endings are true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers