Friday, February 25

romantic

What a romantic life i've got!
ok, now i'm not talking about romance like roses and cuddles and ryan gosling, and i'm not talking about romantic in the historical context or era, either. (when you read that, i hope you pronounced it I-thur, instead of E-ther. it just makes me sound more educated if you did. and i am a college graduate. so, keep that in mind for future reference... thanks.)
no, none of that romance. i don't know, i guess, romantic in the most poetic form of the word. beautiful; ironic; mysterious; longing. all of that.

first, there's this nursing class. 8 hours a day for two weeks. 8 people in the class... all very different. it's a very breakfast-club type situation, all of us starting off sort of resenting and being weirded out by each other, but growing through extended periods of time and shared experiences to sort of depend on each other and read each others' quirks. it's kind of beautiful, getting to know strangers.

next there's good roommates, a fantastic church home to look forward to attending weekly, mint-flavored hookah, new recipes, newfound physical and emotional stamina, photoshoots, the book of Hebrews, an impending trip to the beach, and an unquenchable desire for water and yoga, which are both making me so healthy right now! where is all this coming from? gosh, my life is real good!

and of course, there's the trips to cedarville in my car, with which i have some kind of strange bond. i'm singing more now than i may ever have. i think it's really good for me.

And then, oh my stars, there's people like Katherine, Merilee, and Jena.
people i can really talk to. people i can draw inspiration from. people who just get me. people who don't like coffee (i love me some morning brew, but i love individuality more.) people who can not only handle but appreciate abstract ideals. people who go overseas and love on other people. people who write with soul. people who CARE about truth, life, love, and other mysteries.
i get to have people like that in my poetically romantic life.

The rain tonight is romantic; which i guess is why i thought to use that particular adjective to quantify my life tonight. Rain makes everything look new, fresh, and photogenic (not to mention wet and splashy). i just love probably everything about it: the feel of the cool droplets, the evocative atmosphere it creates, the renewing properties, the lyrical sound.

my life is like that to me. causing contentment, ever changing, leaving me feeling entirely renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers