Friday, June 12

baby's breath


baby's breath, originally uploaded by sing.sweet.

i sit on my roof to watch lightning
i love to take walks in the rain
but in tempest of heart i don't revel, 
i just can't handle the pain.

the pain that means i have just failed you
the anguish that brings on the storm
the clouds with no lining surround me
the wind strips me, i'm lost and forlorn.

i didn't enlighten your life, love,
so i won't keep prolonging your death.
though i try to be tough on the outside,
i'm fragile as a baby's breath.

1 comment:

  1. this is my first poem with a picture i myself took,
    so i mostly just wanted to show off the picture.
    i also really did go sit on my roof and watch the lightning from the awful storm that blew through north texas last night, and it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Followers