Friday, June 5

to those who follow


so, you're going along with it, are you?
you're letting someone else tell you how it's going to be?
i've never been a very good follower; never in dancing, never in life. i never took myself for a mechanical adherent - i look to no one, but there you are, telling me what to do. i love to do my own thing, i always make my own waves. 
maybe i live to lead, but im just dying to be led.
maybe i want - i need - someone to show me, maybe it's finally easy just placing my feet in the footsteps that are made for me instead of continually making my own. maybe you're comfortable. maybe there is nothing wrong with...
maybe i like following!
no, maybe i feel i must find how to follow, maybe i feel better learning how, but i am not convinced i like it in the slightest.

the truth is, it's just too easy. 

who am i if i'm defined by someone else?
well, no one i'd want to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers