Sunday, November 1

my story








must i always be the person that i think i have become?
must i always live the story pasts provide?
no, i'm changing and creating ever, always, as i live
leading lady in my story- i decide.

my story is as big as i imagine it to be,
my story is what i have made of life.

as light flickers through a window, warming what it deigns to touch,
moving as the sun moves through the day,
my life could be a sunbeam, moving on as life demands,
but blessing those i contact on my way.

my story is the way i act when all is going wrong,
my story is whoever i have touched.

and so, i know i choose how i react and who i am,
i know i am the author of my own. 
i hope i choose to make this life more meaningful than fun.
so that, when i am older, i have grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers