Thursday, January 21

Hail

hail. hail on top of a three hour drawing of a plant that looks like it probably grew on saturn, a frustratingly quiet-sitting-on-the-end dinner and an audition for a part that i'm not going to get, [but i won't know that for two weeks.] hail melted by salt which mixed and soaked into the pants which aren't mine that i borrowed to try to look decent for a half hour and now have to wash. [frick. laundry makes my back hurt.] hail that fell on my hair and my face, making them flat and red, respectively, for my videotaped audition.
complaining? no way! not me. not when Haiti is feeling the daily aftershocks of a massive earthquake. not when children have been orphaned, not when people are dying from malnutrition and AIDS. I, the privileged, thin, white American university student with a GPA above 3.5, am not whining about my petty issues of the heart. or about hail. damn hail.

oh, come on, i'm allowed an off-day, aren't i?

well, i did have a good time drawing for about the first hour and a half, and i did love singing again - i haven't been doing too much of it. preparing for this audition got me singing in the shower and on the sidewalks. i like that. and i've been putting off laundry for far too long. maybe i'll just put on a pot of coffee and get started on it; that way i can smell the delicious scent of my detergent - one of the few smells i can recognize.
is it really true? is life 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it?
well, i'm gonna try it out.
and by the way, i apologize. i shouldn't presume to know how you're feeling, and i'm deeply sorry.
here goes life with a smile... i'm off to go rock climbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers