Tuesday, February 16

dimples in the snow.


in a campus full of footprints, i mix present with the past
by walking in the steps of those i see along my path.
to see where you have come from and to know where you have been;
a visible reminder that contrasts the now with then.
It makes me stop to wonder, even stops me in my tracks
to think that where i stand another shoe 'stepped on the cracks'.
a valued, thoughtful person walked where i am standing now.
their troubles raced around their head as fast as they'd allow.
next time you think of leaving tracks, remember - others will see.
they'll see where you are going and they'll step in your shoes like me.
then time will erode what you have done -
your footprints come and go,
but all your efforts will become just dimples in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers