Tuesday, June 1

new floormat, inner compass, and settlers champ.

teek hai (OK), soooo, i can't even tell you how happy i am right now.
Prabin, who lives downstairs, just brought up a mattress for me so Tiffany and Erica (my new roomies coming in tomooorroooowwww) can sleep on the two that are here already. he ALSO brought this sweet couch-out-foldable-bed thing which will DEF be staying a minicouch. my body is so happy, and my house looks like a little home!! its cuuute.
tonight i went to the market called 'big apple' by myself and got banana cornflakes. i'm in love with the honey version, so i thought i'd try another branch-out. i also got boxes of tissues. praise the good lord for tissue boxes. (and they're cute!) on the way back, there was one moment in the streets of India that i was lost. i can't tell you how my heart felt at that moment. i was harmlessly mocked by a young man passing by who said in English only "hello"... he may as well have said "give me all your money! i have a knife!" ...i wanted desperately NOT to be noticed by anyone until the panic evident on my face had calmed and i could picture the mental map i had made myself back at my pinkhouse. Thank goodness, the moment was fleeting and i handled myself with class and poise. i confidently turned the right direction - thanks to my trusty innate compass [ha, those of you who know me well are laughing very hard indeed] - and found my way back safely to my pinkhouse with a renewed sense of the importance of... well, sense. and now, i know just how to get back from big apple! :)
tomorrow i get to take Tiffany and Erica shopping at Kamla Nagar, which i looove to do, and i have to buy Josh more dental floss! i promised him i wouldn't use it all putting up the new curtains i bought, but after hanging only one of the two panels, it was GONE. whooops, i feel like a schmutz.
finally for tonight, the Malakars are Settlers fans. furthermore, i have won two of the three games we have already played, after a lifetime settlers winning count of ONE.
i'm staying in India forever. please send money.

1 comment:

Followers