Friday, June 4

two posts in one day - wow!

Just thought i'd let you know that my evening was so nice.
there are these Indian girls who just light up my life! They're all between the ages of 22 and 24, and they're just such sweet and beautiful people who joke and giggle and hug me. this may not seem like a huge deal, but going without any kind of physical touch for however long i've been here got me down more than i thought it would. now that i know the girls better, though, we can all have a good time together. As we were eating our dinner on the floor and laughing at the different circumstances that would come up, i noticed more and more how comfortable i am with their sweet demeanor and how comfortable they are becoming with me. Doubling over in laughter at Menaz or Esther, my dear friend Jesse (who is also interning with PMI) would lean over and playfully slap me on my outstretched knees. this gesture of friendship and simple touch meant more to me than i can even say! i love laughing with them, i love shopping with them, i love getting to know their lives. they are one of the biggest reasons i don't want to leave!
oh, how beautiful is the body of Christ.

now, to sleep.
~with love from one greatly loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers